[av_image src=’http://www.bladenewsslide.com/bladerewards/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/shop-local.jpg’ attachment=’1910′ attachment_size=’full’ align=’center’ styling=” hover=” link=” target=” caption=” font_size=” appearance=” overlay_opacity=’0.4′ overlay_color=’#000000′ overlay_text_color=’#ffffff’ animation=’no-animation’ admin_preview_bg=”][/av_image]
[av_heading tag=’h1′ padding=’10’ heading=’WIN A $250 GIFT CARD’ color=” style=’blockquote modern-quote modern-centered’ custom_font=” size=” subheading_active=’subheading_below’ subheading_size=’20’ custom_class=” admin_preview_bg=”]
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 25
[av_image src=’http://www.bladenewsslide.com/bladerewards/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/local-text.jpg’ attachment=’1919′ attachment_size=’full’ align=’center’ styling=” hover=” link=” target=” caption=” font_size=” appearance=” overlay_opacity=’0.4′ overlay_color=’#000000′ overlay_text_color=’#ffffff’ animation=’no-animation’ admin_preview_bg=”][/av_image]
[av_image src=’http://www.bladenewsslide.com/bladerewards/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/form.jpg’ attachment=’1916′ attachment_size=’full’ align=’center’ styling=” hover=” link=’manually,http://www.bladenewsslide.com/bladerewards/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/shop-local-form.pdf’ target=’_blank’ caption=” font_size=” appearance=” overlay_opacity=’0.4′ overlay_color=’#000000′ overlay_text_color=’#ffffff’ animation=’no-animation’ admin_preview_bg=”][/av_image]
[av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=” admin_preview_bg=”]
“The Blade Shop Local Contest” Rules
Starts: Wednesday, November 22, 2017 Ends: Saturday, November 25, 2017
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited by law. Subject to all federal, state and local laws, regulations, and ordinances. The Blade Shop Local Contest (the “Promotion”) begins Wednesday, November 22, 2017 at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”), and ends Saturday, November 25, 2017, at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”).
1. Eligibility: The Promotion is open to all legal U.S. residents age 18 and above. Current and former employees, officers, and directors of Sponsors or any of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, Web site providers, Web masters, public officials, and members of any of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win.
Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, and ordinances. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsors’ decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsors reserve the right to verify the eligibility of winners.
2. Sponsors: The contest Sponsor (“Sponsor”) is The Toledo Blade division of Block Communications, Inc. (“The Blade”),
541 N. Superior St., Toledo, OH 43660.
3. To Enter: Entry forms are available in The Blade or at any of the retailers listed below. To enter, contestants must fill out an entry form and drop it in the entry box at the Toledo area locations of the businesses listed below. Deadline for entries is at the close of business at each of the stores on Saturday, November 25, 2017.
A drawing will be held from all entries received. The entrant whose name is drawn (the Contestant) will be given one (1) $250 gift card to their choice of retailers from among the following:795 Diner, Ada Aesthetics, Beekers General Store, Boyd’s Retro Candy, Cake Arts Bakery and Supplies, Clelands Outdoor World, Garden Smiles, Gross Electric, Hoen’s Garden Center & Landscaping, House of Tradition, Mason’s Billiards & Barstools, Monroe Furniture, Nature’s Corner & Glass City Landscape, Ohlmans Farm Market, Rachel Michael’s Gourmet Popcorn, Taste of Toledo Gift Baskets & Gifts, Toledo Flags, Walt Churchill’s Market and Yaeger’s Shoes.
All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. Late or invalid entries may be disqualified at Sponsor’s discretion. Any entrant suspected of cheating or misrepresentation may be banned for part or all of the Promotion Period at the discretion of Sponsors.
4. Sponsors and their agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives or service providers may use entrants’ personal information submitted with entry for purposes of prize verification and fulfillment and/or for future marketing by Sponsors or other affiliates of Block Communications, Inc., such as to notify them of a product or promotion that Sponsors or its affiliates think may be of interest. Sponsors will not sell personal information submitted with entry to outside solicitors. This paragraph is not intended to constitute a waiver of the FTC “do not call” list or the waiver of any privacy right that would constitute legal consideration.
5. Selection of Winners: The odds of winning are based on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
Potential winners will be notified by email and/or telephone (in Sponsors’ discretion) on or about December 1, 2017. The deadline for response is seventy-two (72) hours. If the potential winner cannot be contacted using the contact information given at initial registration, or does not respond in a timely manner after the first attempt to contact him/her, then that potential winner forfeits the prize, and Sponsors will contact the next alternate potential winner selected by Sponsors. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, then Sponsors will award the applicable prize to the next alternate potential winner selected by Sponsors sequentially from the list of alternate potential winners randomly selected by Sponsors for such drawing.
6. Verification of Potential Winners: All potential WINNERS are subject to verification by Sponsors, whose decisions are final AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until entrant’s eligibility HAS been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete.
7. Prizes and Restrictions: One Contestant will win one (1) gift card with a value of $250. The gift card will be redeemable with one of the following retailers, depending on the choice of the winner: 795 Diner, Ada Aesthetics, Beekers General Store, Boyd’s Retro Candy, Cake Arts Bakery and Supplies, Clelands Outdoor World, Garden Smiles, Gross Electric, Hoen’s Garden Center & Landscaping, House of Tradition, Mason’s Billiards & Barstools, Monroe Furniture, Nature’s Corner & Glass City Landscape, Ohlmans Farm Market, Rachel Michael’s Gourmet Popcorn, Taste of Toledo Gift Baskets & Gifts, Toledo Flags, Walt Churchill’s Market and Yaeger’s Shoes.
Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prizes are the sole responsibility of the individual prizewinner. Potential winners are required to visit Sponsors’ offices in person, and to submit valid identification, an affidavit of eligibility and a valid Form W-9 to Sponsors prior to December 31, 2017 at The Blade, 541 N. Superior St., Toledo, OH 43660. Sponsors will issue a Form 1099-MISC to each prizewinner for the prize value. Sponsors reserve the right to make equivalent prize substitutions at its sole discretion. Sponsors will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. At the discretion of the Sponsors prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. While entrants and winners are not required to be customers of Sponsors or its affiliates, Sponsors reserve the right to offset the value of any prize against any amount owed by winner to Sponsors, or their respective affiliates.
8. General Conditions: This Promotion is governed by the laws of the State of Ohio and the United States. Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsors’ reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion. Sponsors, and their respective agents are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, garbled transmissions or miscommunications, telephone transmission problems; computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware); technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. Proof of submission of entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsors. Sponsors’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROMOTION OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Sponsors reserve the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, Sponsors’ Web site, and/or the legitimate operation of the Promotion; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, Sponsors may, in their sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) cancel or terminate the Promotion (or any portion thereof); (b) modify the Promotion or suspend the Promotion to address the impairment and then resume the Promotion in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (c) award the prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsors reserve the right to amend or clarify these rules by publishing the latest version on their Web site and/or requiring “click-through” acceptance of the new rules, and submitting an entry after the date of publication constitutes acceptance of the latest version.
9. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in this promotion, entrants agree that Sponsors, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, Web site providers, Web masters, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsors reserve the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION OR IN ANY PROMOTION RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION, PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF SPONSOR’S WEB SITES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SUCH SITES.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS PROMOTION, INCLUDING SPONSORS’ WEB SITES AND ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
10. Publicity. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, WINNERS GRANT TO SPONSORS (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSORS), SPONSORS’ SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, RETAILERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, SUPPLIERS, AND THOSE ACTING PURSUANT TO ITS AUTHORITY, THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLDWIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, EACH WINNER’S NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS OR HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT SPONSORS SHALL OWN THE ENTRIES, WHICH WILL NOT BE ACKNOWLEDGED OR RETURNED, AND THAT SPONSORS AND ITS DESIGNEES SHALL HAVE THE PERPETUAL, WORLDWIDE RIGHT TO EDIT, PUBLISH, AND USE THE ENTRIES IN ANY WAY AND IN ANY MEDIA FOR TRADE, ADVERTISING, PROMOTIONAL, AND/OR OTHER PURPOSES AS SPONSORS AND/OR ITS DESIGNEES MAY DETERMINE WITHOUT FURTHER CONSIDERATION TO ENTRANTS OR ANY THIRD PARTY.
11. Disputes. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, Western Division or the Court of Common Pleas of Lucas County, Ohio, or by the Ohio Court of Claims, whichever court has appropriate jurisdiction; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsors in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Ohio, without reference to conflict of law principles.
13. Official Rules: For a copy of these Official Rules, look to The Blade Classifieds. ©2017 The Toledo Blade. All trademarks used in the Promotion are, as applicable, property of Sponsors or their respective owners and used with permission. All rights reserved. Version Date: November 22, 2017.
[av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=”]
Click here to add your own text